This 1930's cottage on a generous 928m2 block is situated in the town, in a location that is sought after, just a short stroll around the corner to the historic building that houses JJ's Bakery. Opposite that is the Village Green and Tassie's first and only electronic park/playground. The home is gated on both sides to make it suitable for children or pets. Part of the front fence is built with historic bricks to match the Old Mill behind and the pebbled pathways through the garden are from historic chimney brick rubble from the bakery.
- Front north facing verandahs with private hedging
- Lovely fretwork in main entry hallway
- 2 larger bedrooms - 3rd suits as a study
- Original fireplaces in most rooms
- Tassie Oak polished floorboards throughout
- Bathroom with shower, bath & toilet combined
- Main lounge with fire and heat pump - servery to kitchen
- Refurbished kitchen with Saxon wood heater
- Garden shed, original style single garage (could be upgraded)
- Laundry is featured in back lean to with a 2nd toilet/storage
The authentic backdrop to the garden is the Old Mill Complex from the 1800s, giving it a touch of nostalgia. The gardens are beautiful and have been created with purpose. With a timber walk-way from the undercover back door area through to the bay tree, boxed hedges, apple trees (pink lady & royal gala), to peacharine, roses and the fence line is where the raised garden beds have been created. There is a garden gate/archway that features in a magical way and leads to the side & front of the home. A cute timber awning sits over the western window.
Its a cutie!
RATES: approx. $1200p/a
Size - approx. 110m2